If you are a parent or guardian of a current MS 839 student you are a member of the PTA and will play a vital role in your child’s middle school experience
- We donated over $3,000 to purchase the bikes our kids will build in the final expedition
- We bought all the kids a pizza dinner the night of the Zombie show
- We sponsored the film premiere and reception February 3rd
- We donated $550 worth of books to the Humanities teachers
- We donated $50 towards refreshments at the Hour of Code
- We hired an assistant coach for the girls volleyball team
- We have funded half ($2000) of the Robotics equipment needed to offer that elective
- We are helping to staff the library with parent volunteers so the kids can use it after school
We can’t do any of the above without your generous donations. Please don’t forget the Annual Fund Appeal. Please consider donating today. Click HERE for a donation form and drop your donation off in room 420. Anything you can give is greatly appreciated. Please try to include the donation form so we can properly thank you for the donation. You can also donate with a credit card HERE or click the logo.
We have sweatshirts. You can pre-order and pay for your sweatshirt today. They are $45 and come in several colors and sizes for kids and adults. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. (There are no exchanges or returns.)
Committee Updates: please note that library volunteers are needed and garden grant writers are needed
Library committee: We need volunteers in the library to help with book re-shelving, class visits, and project organizing! Please email email@example.com to set up a time to come in. Right now we can use volunteers for Monday- Friday 8am-12pm, but you wouldn’t need to stay that whole time. Thank you.
If you are interested in being on the library committee please click HERE to sign up. We are a group of parents providing afternoon and/or after school staffing support so that kids can browse or borrow library books with adult supervision and assistance. We hope to have regular open library hours at least one day a week and to plan community events in the library for families. Amy Plattsmier is heading up this committee.
Garden Committee: This committee would work with the garden committee at PS 130 to create and maintain a garden on the deck outside the science labs. Frid Branham is heading up our garden committee. Please sign up HERE if you are interested. We also need grant writers.
Subscribe to our PTA weekly newsletter HERE.
See our new budget for the next school year, 2016-17, below.